*SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED*
Welcome! Thank you for taking part.
This is a live brief. Emily has kindly shared her working document that she is using as reminders and key reference in creating her new trend report. It isn’t meant to be pretty, it is about absorbing the mood and trend direction. Use the keywords as a starting point, go from there and have some fun!
- For each trend there is a girls and boys page. This page is populated with images for 3 age groups as listed on the page
- After looking at the briefs please select which trends you plan to design for on this sheet (if you plan on submitting designs): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0TgTAU_9q517oTxiW1ldN0lZRdvJ5_mFAAK6TyZZeM/edit?usp=sharing
- Please only send your best finished work. Go for Quality over quantity.
- Please follow the file guidelines and submission instructions carefully
- Please do not share any of these pages online, on your blogs, social media or any other public forum as they are intended for personal use only as an aid in this design process.
Feel free to share your designs and work in process shots. I have created a Rise Design and Shine Facebook group which you are welcome to join and share any images you would like feedback on or feel stuck with: https://www.facebook.com/groups/risedesignandshine/requests/
Use #risedesignandshine or @risedesignandshine if sharing your design WIPs and we will repost as much as we can.
Download the pdf:
2000 px tall (any width)
Jpg or PNG
Maximum 3 designs per trend. Maximum 9 designs to be submitted in total: This can be spread across your choice of trends.
For example 2 designs for Farmers Market boys, 3 designs for Home School Girls, 2 for Christmas Girls, 2 for Christmas Boys
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Trend Design Submission AW18/19
In your email please copy and paste the following, adding your details:
Phone number (optional):
Deadline for all prints will be February 12th midnight (gmt) But feel free to send sooner or to send in two stages (for example your first trend in one email followed by your second trend designs
If your work is featured you will receive a PDF of the trend publication for personal use. This means you cannot share the publication or pages from the publication however you will be allowed to link to the magazine preview if you wish - details will be sent for this once it is published.
If you would like to know more about Emily's processes and tips about trend forecasting, have a listen to our video interview: https://youtu.be/hg1dNdrPxLI
Enjoy, we can't wait to see what you create!